Steps required to become a resident with Calhoun Property Management (CPM):
- Read our Resident Qualifications Summary to make sure you are qualified to rent from us. You must read this document before you can apply.
- Complete the application (link is found at bottom of Resident Qualifications Summary) and pay the nonrefundable $40 screening fee. Then upload the necessary documentation via the DocuSign email you’ll receive upon completion — or send documents directly to email@example.com.
- Expect to be contacted by our office in 24–48 hours with an update on your application.
- The office will provide you with a list of availabilities and upcoming open houses.
- Select your rental unit.
- Pay your holding deposit as instructed by the member of the aPodment® leasing team who has been working with you. The holding deposit equals the price of one month’s rent for your selected unit minus the $40 screening fee (if you’ve already paid it).
- Be prepared to wait 1–2 business days for final processing of your application. Note that all requested documentation to support your application must be received within 2 business days of reserving a unit for tenancy with CPM to proceed.
- Schedule your move-in, lease signing, and walk-through appointment with the leasing team member. First month’s rent will be due when you move in.
For Applicants Needing a Co-signer
- Read our Co-signer Qualifications Summary
- Complete the Co-signer section of the online application.
- The application will be electronically submitted though a secure (HTTPS-encrypted) portal.
- Co-signers will need to submit proof of income and a copy of their photo ID to be considered viable. Either upload the relevant documents via the DocuSign email sent to the primary applicant’s email address, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Expect to be contacted by a leasing manager shortly after your application returns from screening.
Deposits can be paid by check or money order or via our online payment system (link will be given to you once you have selected your unit). No cash accepted. Please contact us should you have any questions.
What is the lease length?
All leases are 5 months, then go month-to-month. You can shorten your lease, if preferred, by up to 3 months (leases less than 2 months in length are not allowed) for an additional one-time rental fee. For a 4-month lease, you’d pay a single $200 fee no later than at the time of move-in. A 3-month lease would be $300 upfront, and a 2-month lease would be $400.
Do you have a preleasing option?
Yes, we offer a preleasing option for those who wish to reserve an aPodment® Suite more than 45 days from now. Click here for details.
How can I view an aPodment® unit?
Each month we try to hold several free open houses so you can see what aPodment® communities and units look like in person. And if you’ve already applied with us, you can schedule a private tour in a specific building or neighborhood as availability permits.
Is there wireless internet?
There is wireless internet at Pine North and South. All other buildings provide an internet connection to each aPodment® unit though a wired Ethernet port. Residents can use an Ethernet cable to connect this port to their devices.
Do you allow pets?
No. We do not allow pets. Applicants can make a reasonable accommodation request and request a waiver of our no-pet policy if they can provide a doctor’s note indicating that an assistance animal is required.
When is the best time to start my search for an aPodment® Suite?
The best time to start searching is 20–30 days before your desired (1st of the month) move-in date. This is because residents are required by Washington state law to give no more than 20 days’ notice that they’re vacating. This notice always falls on the 10th or 11th day of the month prior. Specific unit availabilities are generally determined by the 20-day notices and will be communicated to you by our leasing managers usually no later than the business day following the 12th of the month. If you’re searching more than 45 days before your desired move-in date, you may want to consider our preleasing option.
Is there an onsite manager?
Yes, all buildings have an on-site Resident Manager (RM) available 24/7 to our residents.
Does the rent change after my lease is up?
We reserve the right to modify the rent at lease end. However, this happens rarely.
Do you have to keep the furnishings?
The fridge and closet unit must stay in the apartment. The bed, desk, and chair may be removed before move-in. We request that furniture arrangements be made when the move-in time is decided.
Are the furnishings an extra fee?
The furniture is all included and there is no extra fee. You will be charged at move-out if any furniture items are damaged by you.
What size bed is provided?
All units come with a twin bed and box spring.
How do you handle bed cleanliness?
All of our mattresses have an outer cover to prevent pest infestations and to protect the mattress. If a mattress or cover is stained at move-out, however, it is replaced before the new resident moves in.
What are the neighbors in the building like?
This varies hugely by building and by neighborhood, and sometimes even by tower. Because of our locations, flexible leases, and proximity to schools, our residents often have drastically different schedules and tend to keep to themselves.
What kitchen items are provided?
We provide cooking items: pots, pans, basic spoons and spatulas, knives, and cutting boards. Our residents must provide any small appliances and dishes needed for eating.
Is laundry coin-operated?
Laundry is coin-operated at all buildings. All machines except those at Avenida are leased from WASH Laundry. Prices vary by building.
How do I find out if there is an available unit or request a guided tour?
Simply complete and submit the online application via the link on this web page. Our leasing managers base their schedules for viewing units that are opening on the application date, move-in date, and availability of aPodment® units.
What is an Application Date?
This is the date your application is received by the Calhoun Property Management office. For example, if you submit your application on May 1st, you’ll be notified of available units before an applicant who submits theirs on May 2nd. If more than one application is submitted on a particular day, they are processed in the order they were received.
What is a Move-In Date?
This is the date you wish to occupy the unit. All availabilities are for the upcoming first of the month. If your desired move-in date is beyond the upcoming month, you may be interested in our preleasing option.
How big are aPodment® Suites?
Our aPodment® communities offer a wide selection of micro-studio suite layouts designed to address your unique requirements. Depending on the specific building you’re interested in, you can choose from standard and loft apartment residences that run from about 150–250 square feet.