To be eligible for aPodment® housing, all applicants must meet the following resident-qualification criteria of Calhoun Property Management (CPM). Any request for exception to the stated criteria shall be made through our application appeals process.
Upon application approval, rent or prorated rent starts the following day (unless the following day is a Sunday) or the day that the property becomes available for move-in. Rental, income, and credit history are considered jointly for Standard Leases.
(Scroll down for further explanation of these criteria.)
- Our units are designed for single occupancy.
- AGE: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- PETS: Pets are not accepted at any aPodment® property.
- INCOME: Net monthly income must be two (2) times the rental amount. Documentation of income must be received within 2 business days of reserving a unit for tenancy with CPM to proceed.
- CREDIT: Monthly debt obligation (excluding medical) will be factored into the 2x income-to-rent requirement (see #4 above).
- RENTAL HISTORY: Verifiable rental history (i.e., name on a lease) in the past 6–8 months.
- NON–U.S. CITIZEN APPLICANTS: Must provide valid passport, visa, i-20 or equivalent documentation, and proof of full-time higher-education enrollment or job contract. All requested documentation must be received within 2 business days of reserving a unit for tenancy with CPM to proceed.
- FULL-TIME STUDENTS: If proof of full-time enrollment at a higher-education institution is provided, students are eligible to have a co-signer.
- CO-SIGNERS: Only full-time higher-education students qualify to have a co-signer. Co-signers’ net monthly income — less monthly debt obligation — must be four (4) times the rental amount. Co-signers’ income documentation, and any other requested information, must be received within 2 business days of when the applicant reserves a unit for applicant’s tenancy with CPM to proceed.
Steps required to become a tenant with Calhoun Property Management:
- Complete the application online (link at bottom of page) and pay the $40 nonrefundable screening fee.
- Expect to be contacted by our office in 24–48 hours with an update on your application.
- The office will provide you with a list of availabilities and any upcoming open houses.
- Select your rental unit.
- Pay your holding deposit as instructed by the aPodment® leasing-team member you’ve been working with. The holding deposit equals $250.
- Be prepared to wait one 1–2 business days for information on your application to be verified. All requested documentation must be received within 2 business days of when holding deposit was submitted for tenancy with CPM to proceed. If requested documentation or other application information is not received within 2 business days of when deposit was paid, CPM reserves the right to refund your holding deposit and offer your unit to another applicant.
- Once your application has been approved, be prepared to schedule your move-in, lease signing, and walk-through appointment with a member of the aPodment® leasing team.
Final recommendation will depend on level of income, verification of rental history, and credit history. Full-time students may provide current higher-education-institution student-loan documentation along with bank statements to verify applicable income.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Net monthly income must be (2) times the amount of rental price, which is based on current market averages. If requested documentation or other application information is not received within 2 business days of when deposit was paid, CPM reserves the right to refund your holding deposit and offer your unit to another applicant.
When applying, it is the obligation of the applicant to provide proof of employment.
- If currently employed: applicant must show 30 days of current and verifiable income from the same source (paystubs are best).
- The 30 days is calculated backward from the application-review date.
- If self-employed or employed by a relative: a copy of the previous year’s 1099 will be requested, along with paystubs or sequential deposit statements.
- If employment is pending: applicant must provide employment-offer letter on company letterhead showing start date and either salary or hourly rate plus weekly hours to be worked. In lieu of 30 days of income history, applicant must provide rental history that verifies an ability to pay rent, and a credit history with no more than $1,000 in delinquent accounts (excluding medical).
- If unemployed or retired: applicant must provide other sources of verifiable regular monthly income (for example, financial statement, bank statements, investments, retirement funds, etc.). If showing documentation of savings, the total must be at least 6x the rental amount.
Employment requirements may be waived for full-time higher-education students. Proof of enrollment status and co-signer will be required.
A credit report will be processed on each applicant who submits a $40 screening fee.
- Any bankruptcy must be discharged.
- No outstanding debt may be owed to any landlord.
- Derogatory credit history (excluding medical expenses) in excess of $500 — or credit history that is unverifiable — may affect final deposit recommendation.
- Monthly debt obligation will be factored in to the 2x income-to-rent requirement.
- CPM will verify applicants’ stated residential rental history in the United States from the past six (6) to eight (8) months.
- Valid rental history is defined as a written lease or month-to-month agreement. Rental history can be a room rental or with roommates as long as the applicant paid rent directly to the landlord and signed a lease. Paying rent to friends or relatives is not considered valid rental history.
- If applicant owns a home, the mortgage must either appear on the credit report or be verified by a deed of trust or a comparable legal document.
- Final recommendation will depend on credit history, level of income, and length of employment.
NON–U.S. CITIZEN APPLICANTS
- If applicant is a student, proof of current higher-education-institution full-time enrollment or current student visa will be required for verification.
- Proof of income source (such as an i-20) or full-time employment will be required.
- All requested documentation must be received within 2 business days of when your holding deposit was paid for tenancy with CPM to proceed.
SECTION 8 APPLICANT CRITERIA
All Section 8 applicants are required to meet the same criteria as stated above.
Applicants who are full-time higher-education students are eligible to apply with a co-signer if they have provided verification of full-time enrollment.
CO-SIGNER RENTAL CRITERIA
A co-signer must meet all the requirements below to qualify. By applying, co-signer is agreeing to sign Calhoun Property Management’s “Co-signer Addendum” with the Lease Agreement before the applicant moves in.
Four (4) times the rental amount in verifiable income. (Monthly debt obligation will be factored in to the net monthly income calculation.)
Co-signer’s two (2) most recent paystubs, or applicable proof of income, will be requested (view Employment section above for details). Co-signers’ income documentation, and any other requested information, must be received within 2 business days of when the applicant reserves a unit for applicant’s tenancy with CPM to proceed.
Co-signer must show twelve (12) months of current and verifiable income from the same source.
Valid and verifiable rental or mortgage history with no late payments.
Accounts in good standing with less than $1,000 of delinquent accounts (excluding medical expenses).
FINAL CO-SIGNER APPROVAL
If your application is approved, a co-signer addendum is required to be signed in addition to the applicant’s rental agreement. This electronic document must be received by Calhoun Property Management before the applicant’s move-in appointment. If co-signer cannot complete the electronic document, a notarized copy of the lease agreement and co-signer addendum is required.
REASONS FOR NOT APPROVING AN APPLICATION INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Verified eviction showing on credit report or confirmed with landlord within the last three (3) years.
- Applicant has provided an application that does not meet management’s standard for completion.
- Applicant or co-signer has not provided requested documentation or application-related information within 2 business days of when holding deposit was paid.
- Any rental-collection action verified on credit report.
- A balance owing to any landlord.
- Negative and adverse rental history — e.g., documented complaints or damages, multiple late payments or 3-Day Notices to Pay or Vacate, or statement by landlord of “WOULD NOT RE-RENT.”
- Unverifiable or lack of social security number, passport number, or student visa.
- Any false statement on rental application.
- Open bankruptcy (excluding medical expenses).
- Current 3-day Notice to Pay or Vacate, or 10-day Notice to Comply or Quit.
- Poor residential history reported by landlord, even if a legal notice was not issued.
- The reservation deposit payment is returned NSF.
- Failure to give proper notice to a previous or current landlord.
Please be advised that landlords in the city of the Seattle are prohibited from requiring disclosure of, asking about, rejecting an applicant due to, or taking an adverse action based on any arrest record, conviction record, or criminal history — except for registry information as described in subsection 14.09.025.A.3, subsection 14.09.025.A.4, and subsection 14.09.025.A.5, and subject to the exclusions and legal requirements in section 14.09.115. Landlords in the city of Seattle may screen prospective occupants for sex offender registry information. Offenders may provide any supplemental information related to their rehabilitation, good conduct, and facts or explanations regarding their registry information for consideration. Applicants who are required to register as a sex offender may be denied.
Pets are not accepted at any aPodment property. Note: assistance animals are not considered pets. Applicants can make a request for reasonable accommodation and a waiver of our no-pet policy if they complete this form and submit a care provider’s note confirming the need for an assistance animal.
FEES AND DEPOSIT SCHEDULE
- $40 nonrefundable screening fee is due when application is submitted.
- Full deposit payable by money order, cashier’s check, or personal check, or via our online payment system (we will provide the link to pay your deposit online once you have selected a unit). Cash is not accepted. A cancellation fee equal to the deposit will be charged should you be approved but decide not to move into the unit. The holding deposit amount equals $250.
- Upon approval the holding deposit will become your security deposit and you will owe your first month’s rent by the time you move in. If you have selected a unit that qualifies for security-deposit installments and upon approval of your application you elect to pay the security deposit in installments per Addendum J of your lease, you will owe one-fourth of the $250 security deposit before moving in. For Standard Leases, per Addendum H of the lease, if you select a 4-month lease length, you will owe an additional $250 rental payment before you move in; if you select a 3-month lease length, you will owe an additional $500 rental payment before you move in; and if you select a 2-month lease length, you will owe an additional $750 rental payment before you move in.
- All move-in monies are due by move-in (unless you move in after the 4th of the month, in which case all move-in monies are due by the 4th) and are payable by money order, cashier’s check, personal check, or via the online payment system at apodment.com/residents. No cash accepted.
- Checks payable to LLC per table below:
|Property Name||Make Check Payable To:|
|Morino||Calhoun Properties, LLC|
|Pine South||1510 LLC|
|Pine North||1518 LLC|
|Solana||Ridgecrest Equities, LLC|
|Troveré||7th Ave NE, LLC|
|Videré||Acero Foglio, LLC|
SCREENING SERVICES AND APPEALS PROCESS
All applicants will be subject to a background investigation conducted by LeasingDesk, the screening service offered by RealPage. We will obtain credit reports and employment and rental references as needed to verify all information submitted on the application for housing. In the event of Adverse Action (denial of tenancy), you have the right to a free copy of the screening report issued by RealPage, and the right to dispute the accuracy of information provided by RealPage or by the entities you disclose (employers, landlords, etc.), upon written request. Please direct all inquiries to:
RealPage, Inc., Attn: LeasingDesk Consumer Relations, 4000 International Parkway, Carrollton, TX 75007
1-866-934-1124 | email@example.com | www.realpage.com/consumer-support
WHAT TO HAVE WHEN YOU APPLY
- Picture ID (government-issued)
- Paystubs from past 30 days and/or employment offer letter and/or bank statement verifying 6x the rent
- Social Security award letter or other benefit information, if applicable
- Financial-aid award letter and tuition statement and class enrollment, if applicable
- Non–U.S. Citizen Applicants: passport, visa, i-20 or J-1 (or comparable document), and class schedule or job-offer letter
Complete our Online Application. The application will be electronically submitted though a secure (HTTPS-encrypted) portal and you will receive a confirmation when it has been successfully sent.